Saturday, October 30, 2010

Lots of work... no progress

I'll start with the success before what went wrong.  I was able to follow the instructions for cutting down the keel nose block.  It went well and looks good.





I ran into problems when I tried to shape the long piece of milled lumber that goes on the back bottom of the keel.  I just couldn't get it milled square and then when I tried to cut the taper in it I found a way to mess that up.  I'll try again tomorrow.  Did coat the inside of all the keel parts with epoxy.  I'm altering the hours that I've worked vs the hours that I have yet to go to reflect the problems I had today.

Hours this session: 5
Hours total: 20
Hours remaining: 382 (3 hours worked 2 hours wasted)

2 comments:

  1. My best boatbuilding advice...redefine your sense of progress. You cut down the noseblock and coated the insides of the keel with epoxy...those are two bits of progress. Every cut, every coat of epoxy, every time you find the pencil...progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon,

    I'm not stressing the progress. Just making note of when do to my own mistakes I didn't get as much done as I should have for the hours I put in. I wanted to show not just the good but what can (and does) go awry.

    I am really enjoying the building process, errors and all. I have absolutely no deadline (other than before I'M dead) of having this finished!

    The hour count is just for fun and reference.

    ReplyDelete