Thursday, October 21, 2010

C/B Trunk Trimming and Milling

I let the epoxy set up overnight.  Next day I removed the peel-ply and it worked even better than advertised.  A perfect surface that doesn't require any more working!  Good stuff.  Wished I had used it on the other two boats I build before the PocketShip.


Above is the centerboard trunk pieces all cleaned up with the peel-ply and excess fiberglass removed.


So now I need the dimensional for the trunk framing.  In the spirit of being green, cheap, conservative and slightly lazy I noticed that the palate that the plywood came on had some nice pieces of lumber.  So I got my daughters boyfriend to tear it down for me.  I milled down one of the 2X4 to the required sizes.  They turned out pretty nice.



Hours this session: 4
Hours total: 8
Hours remaining: 392

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear the peel ply worked! I've been contemplating making extensive use of it in building my Pocketship. I'll be interested to see which components you are able to use it on successfully.

    ReplyDelete