Friday, October 22, 2010

C/B Trunk Framing

Finished milling the C/B framing pieces.  Had some issues with the band saw my wife bought me for my birthday.  The problem wasn't with the saw.  It needed adjusting and I assumed it would be close to correctly adjusted right out of the box.  Wrong.  Got some pretty ugly cuts but nothing that can't be sanded out.  Did I tell you I HATE sanding.  The glue up went great.  I've taken extra shots to show off.


I really do have quite a few clamps... The battery was because I didn't think ahead about how I was going to get the clamps on that piece of framing (doh! number 2).


Using the chip brush I was able to get a nice even distribution of thickened epoxy on the framing.


Squeeze out clean up was easy just ran an epoxy spreader down all the seams both inside and out.


Nice clean glue job!

Hours this session: 2
Hours total: 10
Hours remaining: 390

No comments:

Post a Comment