Monday, October 25, 2010

Keel Nose Block Milling

First was to mill the large block down to the dimensions that are required before shaping begins.  That process went easy on the table saw.


The problem started with the first mounting notch.  Classic case of measuring from the wrong side of the table saw blade!  First notch was way too deep laterally.  I thought I'd have to start all over again.  Fortunately, all I had to do was remove the stencils and turn them over.  The cut didn't go deep enough that I couldn't use the same block of wood from the other side.


After getting the notches cut and the general shape milled on the table saw I continued shaping with a jack plane and then a low angle block plane.


Finally finished with a foam sanding block.  It turned out very nice if I do say so myself.

Hours this session: 2
Hours total: 15
Hours remaining: 385

No comments:

Post a Comment