Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bulkhead and Floor Support Stitching

In theory the rest of the stitching of bulkheads and floor supports should go quickly.  In practice there is a lot of tweaking and adjusting to get everything just right.  After a tough battled I prevailed.



Getting the transom just right required a lot of messing around.  The misfires have given me a few screw holes that I will have to fill in later.  In the end I was able to get it to fit almost perfect.


As the manual states the front will require the use of some home made alignment "tools".  I will tackle this in the next session.



Rechecked the alignment and everything seemed right.  The only issue being floor supports #5 not fitting as snugly against the trunk as I would like.  I'm going to readjust those during the next session.


I'm very impressed with the way things have turned out so far.  It hasn't been easy but nothing a normal guy couldn't deal with.

Hours this session: 6
Hours total: 100
Hours remaining: 302

1 comment:

  1. "..nothing a normal guy couldn't deal with"... I hope I am a normal guy. My kit will be here Thursday!

    ReplyDelete