Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Bulkhead and Floor Support Prep

When last I typed I was working on connecting the long hull sheets together.  I finished that work as above and moved on to the prep work for the bulkheads and floor supports.  Although these aren't covered with fiberglass they are epoxy coated.  Again I used peel-ply (except as noted below) to ensure an even surface.


I ran out of peel-ply with just one face of bulkhead 1 left to seal.  So I did it the old fashion way, a couple of coats of epoxy and lots of sanding.  The other pieces were much easier to sand since the peel-ply makes for an even surface.

I pressed on to adding the battens to the floor supports and bulkheads.  These battens provide a glueing support for the bow decking and support for the floorboards.  Some are mounted on the front and some are mounted on the rear face of the bulkheads/floor support.  You have to take care to get the orientations right and ensure that the hold for the electrical conduit is consistently on the starboard side of centerline.



Once the battens dry I intend to round over the unused corner so that it will present a less "edgy" profile.

Hours this session: 20
Hours total: 84
Hours remaining: 318

No comments:

Post a Comment