Monday, November 22, 2010

Centerboard Shaping

I wanted to finish something so I thought it would be easy to get the centerboard finished.  The first task was to grind out the lead overfill.  Turned out this was tougher than it sounds.  Even with a belt sander it took quite a while.  Hint:  Keep the belt sander on low or the belt will over heat and break (voice of experience).



For some reason the leading edge developed quite a few bubbles in the epoxy reinforcement.  Pictured below is the biggest one.


But there are several smaller ones.  These will be easy to fill... just annoying.  Despite this I was able to get a just about perfect (IMHO) leading edge shape.


The trailing edge didn't seem to have that problem.  Might have been the viscosity of each pour.  I dunno.


I didn't finish the opposite side of the trailing edge.  Got tired and gave up for the evening.

Hours this session: 4
Hours total: 43
Hours remaining: 359

No comments:

Post a Comment