Sunday, October 2, 2011

Floor Board Work

Beautiful day here in FL.  Temp is topping out at about 83.  Nice for boat building.  So what I did was to go out early and fiberglass another bay.  While I was waiting for that to dry to green so that I could do the trimming, I cut dados in the ends of my white oak floor boards so that I can graft them together


I cut the dados in the end of 18 5' sections of floor boards.  Then mixed up a resin and 50/50 mix of wood flour and silica.  Slathered it on the ends and clamp them together.  Clean up as much of the excess as possible and wait for them to dry.


Once these dry I will run them through the planer and then relive the edges with a round over bit.  I plan on finishing these with oil.


Hours this session: 4
Hours total: 161
Hours remaining: 239

No comments:

Post a Comment