Sunday, April 3, 2011

Finishing up the Fillets

Been a slow month at the boat building yard.  Other diversions have taken precedence over the build.  Still been doing a little work here and there.  Today I did quite a bit of fillet sanding in ernest.  In the final filleting evaluation I would say that I did a good (but not great job).  There are many places to touch up and several holes and low spots to fix.  Not too bad but enough where it will take a half dozen or so more hours.

My cheap multi-tool.  It does makes short work of high spots and gets into corners well.


I use 80 grit wrapped around a sanders sponge for most of the work.


The long side fillet on the port side turned out well and will need little sanding.  

Godo view of the completed floor board fillets.  Note the boards across the floor boards on the starboard side.  They make working from the interior much easier.

This is one of my better fillets.  Not much more will have to be done to this one.

Hours this session: 8
Hours total: 138
Hours remaining: 262

No comments:

Post a Comment