Friday, January 7, 2011

Masking the Water Tight Bulkhead Area for Filleting

I finished the tack weld step.  Gotta be kinda a contortionist to get to all the places.  I've got aches in places I forgot I had.

In preparation for the final filleting I masked off the area behind the watertight bulkhead.  This was done by:
1.  Removing the stitches in this area.
1.  Deciding what radius I wanted to use on a specific seam.
2.  Inscribing the radius on the seam using a compass.
3.  Taping to the radius lines.

The idea behind this is that it makes the fillets much more even, reduces sanding and overflow cleanup.  I've done this before on other boats I've built and I think it is well worth the time.




Notice that the vertical corners of the transom have not been taped off.  I ran out of tape!  So time to take a break.

Hours this session: 4
Hours total: 110
Hours remaining: 292

No comments:

Post a Comment