Thursday, September 11, 2014

Planning for the Future

My PocketShip has been complete now for a few months.  She's still sitting at the dock at my sons house.  I've only had the opportunity to sail her about 4 times since she was splashed.  The weather here in FL has just been too hot to have any fun in at all and the winds have been light with the typical central florida pattern of afternoon storms.

Three weeks ago I had surgery on my left shoulder and that will limit me for a little while.  My future plans with my PocketShip is limited to sailing in the Florida 120 next may.  I plan to do many short excursions for shaking out all of the system of the boat before I attempt that event.

There are many things I haven't tried yet with reefing being the main one.  I have to purchase the blocks and lines and other misc hardware to complete this project and I would like sail in some adverse conditions so that I can work out the kinks.

The same goes with anchoring.  I have all the gear all set up but as yet haven't tried to use it.  In addition right now I only have a bow anchor.  I will purchase an anchor for the stern.

The electrical still requires charging from the shore.  I also need to purchase a small solar charger to set up on my companion way hatch cover.

These are all minor things and as far as getting them set up on the boat it I estimate that it will take about 1 day.  I wish my shoulder would be ready that quickly.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment