Thursday, December 5, 2013

Topsides Sanding and Masking

I procrastinated a little while before sanding the topsides.  But once I got started it went quickly.  The hardest part of the sanding was the anchor well.  Lots of crevices in there to get smooth.


My plan is to prime all the non-masked areas with high build primer do a quick sanding with 220 and then paint.  I'll shoot several coats of color on the masked area and then a few coats of clear on everything.  That should give a good gloss to the paint and a nice look to the unpainted areas.  I need to do some anti-skid on the cabin roof.


I need to start working on the spars and I need to order my hardware.  I'm starting to think about the hardware I need and fitting out.  I'll probably just go the easy route and get it from CLC.  

Hours this session: 16
Hours total: 610

No comments:

Post a Comment